Now Hiring: 2017 Apprentice & Teaching Artist Positions
Transform Your City.
ArtWorks is a local nonprofit with a mission to transform people and places through investments in creativity. Today, we’re the largest employer of visual artists in Greater Cincinnati earning national attention for our public murals and local acclaim as CityBeat’s 2016 “Best Opportunities for Local Artists.”
Annually, we offer over 200 paid summer and afterschool arts-based job training and creative opportunities for Greater Cincinnati youth (ages 14-21) and professional teaching artists/creatives.
Transform Your Future.
This isn’t your average job. ArtWorks Apprentices train under the guidance of professional teaching artists and work side-by-side with other local youth to create public art and community impact projects. The majority of available jobs are in painting. Projects can also include:
- Illustration, Digital Imaging, Drawing, Photography, Art Therapy, Sewing, Pattern Making & Graphic Design
Teaching artists have the opportunity to build their portfolios, network with other local creatives and mentor youth to complete a high profile community project.
Get Started: Apprentices (Ages 14-21)
ArtWorks is hiring passionate, young artists (must be between the ages of 14 – 21) who are eager to create art, make a difference in the city, work in diverse teams and build new skills. Apprentice wages start at $8.15. The majority or our projects start on or around June 5, 2017 and last for 4 – 8 weeks. Please note: In observance of 4th of July, there will be an unpaid, summer break week from July 3rd – 7th during which no project work will take place.
A typical project schedule is from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Monday – Friday. Additional year-round after-school employment opportunities are available.
Have Questions? Email or call 513.333.3616.
*ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. We are still accepting print applications.*
- Fill out an application (you will need to bring print applications with you to your interview) and all required application forms (listed below).
- Get your graphite pencil out! Show us your skills by completing 3 drawing samples and optional: select art samples (please limit to 3) to showcase at your interview.
- Attend Interview Weekend. Scheduled interview times are now full. Walk-in interview times are available from 1pm – 4pm on Saturday, March 18 and Sunday, March 19 at the Contemporary Arts Center (44 E. 6th Street, 45202). Walk-in interviews are first come, first served but everyone present will be interviewed.
- If you have a conflict and are unable to interview on this weekend, please email or call 513.333.3616.
Links to all required forms:
Printable Application (Apprentice Applicants)
Drawing Test & (Optional) Visual Art Sample Instructions/Form (Apprentice Applicants)
Recommendation Form (Apprentice Applicants)
Attendance Policy Form (Apprentice Applicants)
Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application. All applicants will be notified by employment decisions by mid-May.
Get Started: Teaching Staff (Ages 22 and up)
ArtWorks is hiring creative professionals to help lead projects, mentor youth apprentices and guide our projects to successful completion.
Wages start at $10 for Junior teaching artists, $15 for teaching artists and $25 for project managers; varies by position, experience and project scope. The majority of our projects start on or around June 5, 2017 and last for 4 – 8 weeks. A typical project schedule is from 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Monday – Friday with hours varying by position.
*Teaching Staff Applications Are Now Closed.*
Selected applicants will be invited to interview. All applicants will be notified of hiring decisions by mid-May.
Have questions? Email or call 513.333.3616.
ArtWorks is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds cultures, orientations, ideas and talents can flourish.
Special thanks to: