Now Hiring: 2018 Apprentice & Teaching Artist Positions
Transform Your City.
ArtWorks is a local nonprofit with a mission to transform people and places through investments in creativity. Today, we’re the largest employer of visual artists in Greater Cincinnati earning national attention for our programming
Annually, we offer over 200 paid creative job opportunities for youth (ages 14-21) and professionals.
Transform Your Future.
ArtWorks Apprentices and staff work side-by-side to create public art and community impact projects.
Projects can include painting, drawing, photography, design, sewing, and community engagement.
In addition to art making experience, Apprentices develop professional skills like time management, public speaking, team work, critical thinking and problem solving. Workshops focus on financial literacy, entrepreneurial skills and empathy training.
Teaching Artists have the opportunity to network with other local creatives and mentor youth to complete high-profile community projects.
Get Started: Apprentices (Ages 14-21)
ArtWorks is hiring passionate, young artists (must be between the ages of 14 – 21) who are eager to create art, make a difference in the city, work in diverse teams and build new skills. Apprentice wages start at $10.10. The majority or our projects start on or around June 4, 2018 and last for 4 – 8 weeks. Please note: In observance of 4th of July, there will be an unpaid, summer break week from July 2nd – 8th during which no project work will take place.
A typical project schedule is from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Monday – Friday. Additional year-round after-school employment opportunities are available.
Have Questions? Email or call 513.333.3616.
- Fill out an application (you will need to bring print applications with you to your interview) and all required application forms (listed below).
- Get your graphite pencil out! Show us your skills by completing 3 drawing samples and optional: select art samples (please limit to 3) to showcase at your interview.
- Attend Interview Weekend. You may schedule a 30 minute interview appointment between 9am-1pm using our online scheduler here. Walk-in interview times are available from 1pm – 4pm on Saturday, March 3 and Sunday, March 4 at the Contemporary Arts Center (44 E. 6th Street, 45202). Walk-in interviews are first come, first served but everyone present will be interviewed.
- If you have a conflict and are unable to interview on this weekend, please email or call 513.333.3616.
Links to all required forms:
Apprentice Application 2018 (Apprentice Applicants)
2018 Drawing Samples(Apprentice Applicants)
2018 Recommendation Form(Apprentice Applicants)
2018 ATTENDANCE POLICY NOTE OF UNDERSTANDING (Apprentice Applicants)
Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application. All applicants will be notified by employment decisions by mid-April.
Get Started: Teaching Staff (Ages 22 and up)
ArtWorks is hiring creative professionals to help lead projects, mentor youth apprentices and guide our projects to successful completion.
ArtWorks is committed to offering meaningful jobs in the arts for artists ages 14 and older, including providing a livable wage, workforce development and opportunities for advancement.
• Junior Teaching Artist earn up to $11.85/hour.
• Teaching Artist earn up to $17.75/hour.
• Project Managers earn up to $29.50/hour.
Teaching staff position salaries will be determined based on qualifications and experience
Selected applicants will be invited to interview. All applicants will be notified of hiring decisions by mid-April.
Have questions? Email or call 513.333.3616.
ArtWorks is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds cultures, orientations, ideas and talents can flourish.
Special thanks to: