We are Creative Enterprise.
What we are made of:
ArtWorks Entrepreneurs & Supporters + the Creative Enterprise Staff + Network of Support
Updates from ArtWorks Entrepreneurs
On March 18, ArtWorks CO.STARTERS celebrated their last class by delivering their pitches! We are so pumped for the following businesses and celebrate them as they launch into their next phases. Not all businesses have officially launched websites yet, but for those who have, check out their links below. If anything is incorrect, please email email@example.com
James Avant IV of OCD Cakes– a home-based operation which serves the Cincinnati area. They provide homemade cakes, cupcakes, and other treats from scratch for any occasion. Plus, 5% of all sales go to a mental health organization in Cincinnati.
Blair Fornshell of Brown Bear Bakery– provides small batch hand crafted pastries. Available for purchase at markets and events in and around the Cincinnati area.
Scott Holzman of Chase Public– collaborative space for art and assembly in the Northside neighborhood of Cincinnati.
Keith Klenowski of Keith Klenowski Photography and Six Bridges Photography- photos of musicians and civilians that will pull at your heartstrings. Two websites, one photographer. For his portfolio of concert shots, click here. For his portfolio of weddings and portraits, click here.
Monica Kohler of Kohler Design, LLC- making the transition from a workout to the grocery seamless and stylish.
Franchesca Moena-Hunter of Tasteless Boutique– why buy new, when you can buy unique and vintage?
Michelle Kovach of Crackling Crust– Wildly harvested yeasts + naturally fermented leavens = Hand-mixed doughs and Artisan breads to die for.
Rachael Moore of Downtown Creative Ventures/Cincinnati Art Underground– offers Cincinnati-area emerging artists assistance in career management, and a launchpad for sales of their artworks.
Matt Peiken of Opine Season- A community or “people’s” op-ed page largely featuring local voices of color (blacks, Hispanics, immigrants), with an emphasis on women.
Colleen and Shannon of Boo in Stitches– a collaboration between ink and thread that will leave you in stitches.
Michael Sawan of Squaid Enterprises– pedals, noise makers, and utility boxes for musicians. “Your wildest desire, hand wired.”
- UrbanCincy interviews 53T about the breath of fresh air they are giving Cincinnati’s Bike Courier Industry. Why let a walk to Findlay stop you from getting your fill of Pho on a busy day?
- About those favorite foods… check out what Lisa Andrews of Sound Bite Nutrition had to say during her video segment on FOX19 about cholesterol and the benefits of egg yolks (they’re not bad for you!) and which foods will improve your mood.
- Cincinnati Magazine sits down with Patrick Brown of Ohio Valley Beard Supply for a Q&A. The interview may be from December, but we’re suspect of this warm weather so we encourage all bearded friends to keep their beards close by.
- Nathaniel Chaitkin of Bach & Boombox was featured in the 2015 Arts Sampler Weekend organized by ArtsWave.
- Jason Snell and Jacqueline Wood encourage you to engage in “positive community exchanges” as part of their Good Egg project. Oh, and did we mention that they are the first ever recipients of the People’s Liberty Globe Grants? So cool.
- Going to be at SXSW? Snap a photo of photographer William Philpott who will be presenting at a panel on the future of photojournalism in the smart phone era.
- Chef Frannie Kroner scores the cover of Where Women Cook Magazine.
- The Fuel Orbit Challenge awarded a $5,000 prize for Par Project’s plan to bring an outdoor movie theater to Cincy. Come on summer! We want to watch flicks outside.
- Wall Pocket: /wôl/ˈpäkət/ noun 1.) “Cleverly designed solutions for life’s little [storage] problems.” Check out this article in Story about Tim Karoleff of Amerpsand who has a unique approach to design.
Opportunities Related to Business Support & Services
offered by other organizations
- The Public Library system in Cincinnati is plain awesome. Not only do they have a new Makers Space that you can tour with other ArtWorks Entrepreneurs on Wednesday, March 18 at 9:30, but according to PetaPixel, you can also use their DSLRs and studio equipment for free. Yes, FREE. Borrow that equipment like any other book, CD or season of Downton Abbey. Basically, whatever you fancy, the Library has you covered. Now, say cheese!
- Don your halo and join the folks over at Queen City Angels for an Angel-filled Boot Camp on Thursday, March 19 at 8:30. Learn how to invest in young-growth companies and mentor entrepreneurs to success.
- Food entrepreneurs! Findlay Market has an incubator kitchen in the works. The Creative Enterprise staff took a tour of the future space and we’re really pumped about it. You should be too.
- Second Sunday on Main starts up again on June 14. Apply to be a vendor here.
- Oh, and the Oakley Fancy Flea Market is also gearing up for another season beginning May 30. Thumbs up Cincinnati for so many “unique marketplaces for discovering new and wonderful things.” Apply to be a vendor here.
- Man, Cincinnati is all about innovation! The Cincinnati Enquirer reported that the University of Cincinnati will renovate the former Sears on Reading Road for an Innovation Center.
- In addition to that, Xavier University launched a Center for Innovation. Caroline and Rachel of Creative Enterprise checked it out in February and it’s pretty cool. The Center also offers classes and workshops for students, entrepreneurs, mid-career professionals and business leaders looking for inspiration. Caution: classes are on the pricier side.
Get to know the Creative Enterprise Staff
At the end of 2014, there were two additions to the Creative Enterprise Department,
Caroline Creaghead and Rachel Rothstein.
Click here to get to know the whole Creative Enterprise team.
ArtWorks Initiatives & Resources
Like the ArtWorks Facebook Page
Connect with other ArtWorks Entrepreneurs by requesting to join our Facebook group
Check out our Gift Shop and purchase some goodies Creative Enterprise Youth Apprentices completed in the summer of 2014.
Upcoming ArtWorks CO.STARTERS sessions
Click here for applications for the 2015 Big Pitch program
Check out our newsletter for noteworthy updates from other ArtWorks Entrepreneurs. Sign up for the newsletter below.