Updates from ArtWorks Entrepreneurs
- William Thomas of MORTAR makes Cincinnati Magazine’s Ones to Watch list featured in the April issue of the magazine.
- So did 2014 Big Pitch participant and Cincinnati Ballet choreographer, Heather Britt of Heather Britt Dance Collective.
- Jeanne Mam-Luft directs Dance at Dusk with her company, MamLuft&Co. Dance. The show was originally scheduled for the beginning of April, but was moved to April 9 & April 10.
- Matt Swaidan’s Simple Wood Goods and his mod-style storage cubes get some love from Cincinnati Magazine.
- Maya Drodz of VisuaLingual is the bomb… and also has seed bombs! That’s what VisuaLingual is getting attention for these days. So, if you’re in Philadelphia check them out at the Phily Flower Show and if you’re Arizona, you can find them at the Burt’s Bee’s Booth at the Cultivate Festival in Phoenix.
- Chef Frannie Kroner whips up brunch for foodies of all abilities- paleos, vegans and glutens alike.
- Ann Holman of The Smithery + Nicole Reblando of Halo Miner, Brian Stuparyk of Steamwhistle Letter Press, Alicia Stoughton of Dulcet Design, Melissa Legg Bracken of Happy Groundhog Studio, Jess Sheldon of Hazel Brown Photography, Sarah Fisher of The Hoop & Needle, Liz Godroy of Lily in Flux and Shannon Woodruff of Little Luvins = at least 9 reasons why you should attend the April 25 Crafty Supermarket. Click here to check out the complete list of vendors.
- Matt Madison’s Madisono’s Gelato will be hitting the shelves of 39 Kroger stores beginning April 19. Did your store make the list?
- Hayes Shanesy and co-principal Rosie Kovacs of The Brush Factory designed and outfitted the People’s Liberty space with their custom made furniture.
- The 2014 Creative Enterprise Youth Apprentices who worked on the Super Hero Activity Book will be honored at a Dedication Event of epic proportions. Join them on April 11 at Joseph Beth Booksellers in Rookwood as they talk about the one-of-a-kind activity book they planned, designed, produced, marketed and illustrated.
Opportunities Related to Business Support & Services
- Resource: Covington Creates Creative Community Grant Program
- Resource: Queen City Crowdfunding
- Article: Five Ways to Support Artists in Your Community
- Event: Brazee Art Supply Swap
- Event: Brazee Open Studio
- Event: Big Pitch Q & A
- Event: Big Pitch Business Planning Workshop
- Event: OCEAN Demo Day
ArtWorks Initiatives & Resources
Like the ArtWorks Facebook Page
Connect with other ArtWorks Entrepreneurs by requesting to join our Facebook group
Check out our Gift Shop and purchase some goodies Creative Enterprise Youth Apprentices completed in the summer of 2014.
Click here for applications for the 2015 Big Pitch program
Click here to see a list of the graduates from the Winter 2015 session of ArtWorks CO.STARTERS
Check out our newsletter for noteworthy updates from other ArtWorks Entrepreneurs. Sign up for the newsletter below.