Lead Artist: Scott Donaldson
Teaching Artists: Stephen Kenny, Emily Storch
Cassaundra Davis Mitchell
6060 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45224
College Hill boasts some of the earliest weather-tracking systems in the nation and this mural honors that prominent history. The weathervanes represent elements that make College Hill a unique neighborhood, most notably from left to right:
- The rooster is representative of the active local farmers market.
- The Big Dipper pays tribute to College Hill’s role in the Underground Railroad.
- Seven graduation caps signify local schools and colleges for which College Hill was named.
- The couple in front of houses is a reference to family and a supportive community.
- The Crosley automobile is a nod to Powell Crosley’s ties to College Hill.
Click here to see the photo gallery.
Art Works Here Made Possible by:
City of Cincinnati
Ohio Arts Council
Louise Taft Semple
Fifth Third Bank,
Robin and Murray Sinclaire
Kathryn and Vishnoo Shahani Charitable Trust
ArtWorks Adopt-an-Apprentice Contributors
ArtWorks Board of Trustees