Now Hiring: 2019 Youth Apprentice & Teaching Artist Positions
Transform Your City.
ArtWorks is a local nonprofit with a mission to transform people and places through investments in creativity. Today, we’re the largest employer of visual artists in Greater Cincinnati, earning national attention for our programming.
Elevate Your Future.
ArtWorks Apprentices and Teaching Artists work side-by-side to create public art and community impact projects. Projects can include painting, drawing, photography, design, sewing, and community engagement.
Beyond art making, our creative trainings and team experiences prepare Apprentices to elevate their skills in communication, collaboration, problem solving, creative thinking, and goal management. Additionally, through our program, Youth Apprentices develop lifelong friendships and bonds with their teammates.
Beyond executing high-profile and large impact projects, Teaching Artists have the opportunity to network with other local artists, become mentors to young and aspiring creatives, and learn new skills and techniques to help bolster their own careers.
Get Started: Apprentices (Ages 14-21)
ArtWorks is hiring passionate, young artists (must be between the ages of 14 – 21) who are eager to create art, make a difference in the city, work in diverse teams, and build new skills. Apprentice wages start at $10.44.
Our projects start on June 3, 2019 (which includes Apprentice orientation), and last for 4 – 8 weeks. Please note: In observance of 4th of July, there will be an unpaid, summer break week from July 1 – 5, 2019 during which no project work will take place.
A typical project schedule is from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Monday – Friday. Additional year-round after-school employment opportunities are available during spring and fall.
Have Questions? Email or call 513.333.3609.
Online Applications are OPEN JANUARY 1, 2019
- Fill out an application online by February 24, 2019 OR print a paper application and bring it with you to your interview.
- Schedule your interview
- Interview Weekend is March 2 & 3, 9am to 4pm at 21C Museum Hotel. Click here to schedule your interview.
- If you are unavailable during Interview Weekend please email or call 513.333.3601 to schedule a make-up interview. Make-up interviews are March 5, 2019, 4-7pm at the Over-the-Rhine Cincinnati Recreation Center.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Ask a Teacher or Mentor to complete our Letter of Recommendation Form and bring it filled out to your interview.
- Complete Two Drawing Samples & Short Personal Essay
- Click here to download the drawing sample guidelines and the Extended Answer section.
Links to all required forms:
2019 Drawing Samples(Apprentice Applicants)
2019 Recommendation Form(Apprentice Applicants)
Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application. All applicants will be notified by employment decisions by mid-April.
Get Started: Teaching Staff (Ages 22 and up)
ArtWorks is hiring creative professionals to help lead projects, mentor youth apprentices and guide our projects to successful completion.
ArtWorks is committed to offering meaningful jobs in the arts for artists ages 14 and older, including providing a livable wage, workforce development and opportunities for advancement.
• Junior Teaching Artist (ages 22-24) earn up to $11.85/hour.
• Teaching Artist (ages 25+) earn up to $17.75/hour.
• Lead Teaching Artists (ages 26+) earn up to $29.50/hour.
*Teaching staff position salaries will be determined based on qualifications and experience
Teaching Staff Applications are OPEN
Selected applicants will be invited to interview. All applicants will be notified of hiring decisions by mid-April.
Have questions? Email or call 513.333.3609.
ArtWorks is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas and talents can flourish
Special thanks to: