- This event has passed.
Social Media for Starters: A Hands-On Workshop
November 18, 2013 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm$10.00
Do hashtags, followers, and “likes” make your head spin? Not sure how to use social media as a marketing and business tool? Join SpringBoard for a hands-on introductory workshop on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Sara Cormier of Cormier Creative and Leyla Shokoohe, Marketing Assistant at Cincinnati Ballet, will lead this interactive workshop to answer your questions on navigating these social media platforms. Attendees are invited to bring their laptops. Sara and Leyla will work with SpringBoard graduate Laura Bristol and her new business Epic Mosaic as a case study to walk through setting up and editing a Facebook Business Page.
Space is limited. Please RSVP through EventBrite.
Participants will learn:
- Why you should care about social media, and which platform is right for you
- How to create and optimize a profile or Page on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram
- The basic features and navigation of Facebook Pages Manager
- How to sync your account with your smartphone
- How to manage multiple accounts or pages
- When to use the @ and # symbols
- How to utilize Facebook groups
This event is free to SpringBoard graduates and participants, and $10 to the general public. RSVP required to reserve your seat.
RSVP here: http://springboardroundtable.eventbrite.com/