ArtWorks’ Artist Impact Coordinator will serve as a core member of the Impact Team, which provides youth and artists with educational and professional development experiences. The Artist Impact Coordinator will report to the Director of Artist Impact, and will work closely with the Director to ensure that organizational goals are met in the areas of diverse hiring, current program participant and alumni outreach/engagement, cultivating new artist relationships, and executing events.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience plus employee benefits package, including generous paid time off, health insurance and 401k plan
- Hours: Part-time (up to 35 hours)
- Location: ArtWorks, 20 E. Central Pkwy, Cincinnati, OH
- Reports to: Director of Artist Impact
- Start date: February 2021
Coordination & Communication
- Support recruitment for all Youth Apprentice and Teaching Artist recruitment, implementing strategies to meet goals for diversity, economic inclusion and place-based hiring.
- Develop presentations and present at schools, job fairs, and creative community events, to build awareness about specific employment and education opportunities with ArtWorks.
- Assist with planning and facilitating interviews and other hiring events for Youth Apprentices & Teaching Staff.
- Manage Apprentice & Creative Professional volunteers for all ArtWorks events (including, but not limited to: Fall Fundraiser, Mural Tours, Annual Breakfast, etc.)
- Research, compile, and support distribution of creative opportunities to ArtWorks’ network of professional talent and Alumni.
- Support the collection of success stories from youth and creative professional alumni to support Communications Department ‘People First/Artist First’ marketing strategies and storytelling.
Database Management & Data Inputting
ArtWorks is in the process of transferring data and files into Salesforce. This role will both manage and execute this transition.
- Support the organizations’ ongoing efforts to convert employee records from paper to digital.
- Support the organization’s seasonal hiring process by supporting recruitment, interviews, and tracking offers, accepts, and declines.
- Maintain a database of contacts, venues, caterers, photographers, etc. needed for career readiness/professional development events, trainings, workshops, etc.
- Support implementation and maintenance of Artist Database in Salesforce.
- Manage seasonal staff hours, including hour verification and payroll submission to Finance Manager.
- Communicate with Apprentices on a weekly basis during programming sessions (communications include: weekly recaps & reminders, attendance notifications, etc.)
- Assist Director in program execution (including collecting data from surveys, professional development workshops, etc.)
- Act as project manager for projects that are fully creatively led by external partners and ArtWorks only manages the hiring and training of youth.
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications, Characteristics and Abilities
- Passion for developing youth and creative talent
- Integrity and sensitivity when dealing with confidential information
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and telephone communications skills
- Detail oriented with an ability to work on several projects simultaneously, balance priorities, and meet deadlines
- Skilled in Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience and ease meeting and socializing with people from diverse backgrounds
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Available for special events, with occasional weekend/evening work
- Adaptably to potential change in course
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to work collaboratively with and in support of development staff and other ArtWorks team-members.
- Adhere to the utmost ethical standards, intuitive, considerate and kind
- A team-player, hard-working and an independent achiever with a “can do” attitude, must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Inquisitive and imaginative
- Flexible, optimistic, constructive with a good sense of humor
Credentials and Experience
- Associate, Bachelor, or higher degree
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred
Please submit cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to Amy Scarpello at Amy@ArtWorksCincinnati.org by January 22, 2021.
ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that transforms people and places through investments in creativity. The organization creates jobs for youth, ages 14-21 with the majority from underserved households, providing competitive 21st-century career-readiness skills through mentorship by professional artists. Since 1996, ArtWorks has employed more than 3,750 youth and 3,300 creative professionals, and the organization has completed more than 12,500 public and private art projects that include 200 permanent outdoor murals, contributing to the region’s global reputation as an arts destination.
ArtWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strongly committed to building and retaining a diverse staff that creates an inclusive workplace which harnesses each voice to collectively advance ArtWorks’ mission.