ArtWorks’ mission is more important now than ever.
The current health crisis poses a big threat to youth in our community. This year, ArtWorks will create jobs for more than 100 area youth, giving them the opportunity to develop 21st-century career-readiness skills and expand their social, professional, and creative networks.
In 2020, we face an increasingly grim outlook. This is why ArtWorks is launching The Apprentice Promise. Advocating for apprenticeship during this difficult time will send a message of hope to young people, workers and employers.
In lieu of our Annual Breakfast event, The Apprentice Promise is an opportunity for you to support our Youth Apprentices from the safety and comfort of your home. Join our team to fulfill our promise to the hundreds of future Apprentices by letting them know we still care.
Contributing to the promise makes it possible for ArtWorks to provide the kind of creative learning experiences that our youth will so desperately need to emerge from this crisis and become the resilient leaders our community will need for the future. Lauren Hannan Shafer, ArtWorks board member and former CEO, will be matching all gifts up to $50,000.
Despite the unsettling situation we currently face, we ask you – ArtWorks’ closest supporters – to remember the inspiring Youth Apprentices and Professional Artists that make our region unique and beautiful.
How Your Gift to the Apprentice Promise Makes a Difference
- $100 – Impact an innovator by providing a LIVING WAGE salary to one Youth Apprentice for two days.
- $250 – Support their success by providing a LIVING WAGE salary to one Youth Apprentice for one week.
- $500 – Provide a paycheck at a LIVING WAGE salary to one Youth Apprentice for two weeks.
- $1,000 – Kick start a career by providing a LIVING WAGE salary to one Youth Apprentice for four weeks.
- $2,500 – Adopt an Apprentice by raising funds to provide a LIVING WAGE salary to one Youth Apprentice for the whole season.
- $5,000 – Sharpen their skills by providing a LIVING WAGE salary to five Youth Apprentices for four weeks.
- $10,000 – Fund their future by providing LIVING WAGE salary to five Youth Apprentices for the whole season.
ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that transforms people and places through investments in creativity. The organization creates jobs for youth, ages 14-21 with the majority from underserved households, providing competitive 21st-century career-readiness skills through mentorship by professional artists. Since 1996, ArtWorks has employed more than 3,600 youth and 3,200 creative professionals, and the organization has completed more than 12,500 public and private art projects that include 190 permanent outdoor murals, contributing to the region’s global reputation as an arts destination. Learn more at ArtWorksCincinnati.org.