ArtWorks has been transforming people and places through investments in creativity since 1996. We’re a workforce development and job-training program where art is the vehicle that trains and employs local youth and professional talent to create art and community impact. Please consider making a gift this holiday season.
7 Reasons Why You Need Support ArtWorks This Holiday Season
- ArtWorks provides a livable wage to our Youth Apprentices while we elevate their skills in communication, collaboration, problem solving, creative thinking, and goal management. Support our Youth Apprentices as they develop lifelong friendships and bonds with their teammates while learning 21st century job skills.
- Our Teaching Staff are changing the lives of Artworks’ Youth Apprentices, mentoring them and providing them with career readiness opportunities. Our Teaching Artists gain professional skills and help develop youth to reach their greatest potential while executing large-scale creative projects.
- Our Project Teams need lots of supplies to make art for our whole region to enjoy. From the practical (water bottles, t-shirts, tarps & drop cloths) to the artistic (chalk, paint brushes, sketchbooks, paint & fabric), your support goes a long way.
- At ArtWorks, we provide Workforce Development trainings from nationally renowned experts, so that our creative youth are confident that they can express themselves clearly.
- Keeping our workforce safe during their work day is ArtWorks’ number one priority. From safety googles, hard hats and safety vests to Red Cross training for first aid and bloodborne pathogens, ArtWorks trains our teams to stay safe.
- Our Youth Apprentices have great potential to make great art, but they need resources to make it happen. From murals, bike racks and card games to parade costumes, pamphlets and puppet shows, our Youth Apprentices create transformative works of art.
We can only do this work because of YOU! Support Artworks and invest in how far our city can go.
Photo by Bergette Photography