Join ArtWorks Director of Programs Linnea Gartin as she takes you on a fun and informative mural tour of Cincinnati’s Brewery District with ArtWorks’ Prost to Cincinnati Installation Series!
Having trouble? View on YouTube.
The murals she visits on this tour include:
- Revival by Keith Neltner – 131 E. McMicken Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Queen City, Beer King by A.J. Yorio – 110 E McMicken Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Grain to Glass by Jim Effler. 1622 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Pedestals and Roots by Phillip Adams, 57 E McMicken Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Billy and Schnitzel by Yetti Frenkel, 1667 Hamer Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Zinzy Ist Bier by BLDG. 1700 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Top of the Barrel by Jim Effler. 1622 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Munich Barmaid by Koverman Mosaic, 1621 Moore Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Cheers to Cincy, Past and Present by Tom Post, 1625 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Answers to Trivia Questions:
1. Which playing card company was founded in Cincinnati?
The United States Playing Card Company was established in Cincinnati, Ohio, in 1867.
2. How many Bockfest posters has Cincinnati artist Jim Effler produced?
Effler has designed the Bockfest posters since 1995. See the list through the years:
3. Which Cincinnati festival honors the goat in a parade? Bockfest kicks off with a parade, starting at Arnold’s Bar and Grill, which is Cincinnati’s oldest saloon. The parade is traditionally led by a goat pulling a keg.
4. How many bier steins is the bar maid holding at one time?
ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that transforms people and places through investments in creativity. The organization creates jobs for youth, ages 14-21 with the majority from underserved households, providing competitive 21st-century career-readiness skills through mentorship by professional artists. Since 1996, ArtWorks has employed more than 3,600 youth and 3,200 creative professionals, and the organization has completed more than 12,500 public and private art projects that include 190 permanent outdoor murals, contributing to the region’s global reputation as an arts destination.