Please note: ArtWorks may not be affiliated with the opportunities listed. If you have questions, please reach out to the organization directly.
HeadCount Voting Illustration Project
HeadCount is a non-partisan non-profit organizatoin that harnesses the power of music, culture and digital media to register voters and inspire participation in democracy.
- Create inspiring, expressive and captivating images for the lead-up to the 2024 election.
- Relate to young votes age 18-24, as well as encourage civic engagement among anyone eligible to vote.
- Uplift young, diverse artists and culturally relevant visionaires who can make HeadCount’s message shine.
HeadCount’s (Aspirational) Audience
- Diversity that reflects America
- Young people of all levels of political engagement (low to high)
- Stretching across the ideological spectrum (left to right and everything in between)
- Just like music, art and culture, voting and civic participation is an expression – and a way to use your voice and be heard. We would like to visually expand on that strategy and express it through exciting, compelling, beautifully motivating illustrations.
Seeking Visual Arts Who:
- Care about voting and democracy
- Have an engaged social media following (of various sizes)
- Inspire young, diverse audiences with their style and talent
- Are at various career stages, from “just starting out” to “already highly successful and doing it just for the cause”
Applications Mediums & Use Cases
- Social media graphics
- Get Out the Vote email headers
- Merchandise for sale on HeadCount Website
- Volunteer Gear, Event Merch and Gifts
- Q3 2023 – call for artists goes out
- Q4 2023 – artists contacted – creative conversations happen
- Q1 2024 – first posts on social media
- Q2 2024 – Merch Shop kick-off
- One (or more as requested by the HeadCount team) spot illustration(s) in high-res (300 dpi at 10″ square at least or Vector file) digital format
- If there is a physical piece of art that will need photographed, we will negotiate the cost separately.
- $150 per spot illustration
- Artist will be compensated 50% of net revenue generated from merch item on which the artist’s design appears.
For more information please HeadCount’s Senior Art Director Jamie Huntsman at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 724-513-7325
Cincinnati Art Museum: Request for Proposals 2024 Rosenthal Education Center Artist in Residence
The Cincinnati Art Museum requests proposals from an artist or a team of artists for the 2024
Rosenthal Education Center (REC) Artist in Residence. The selected artist or artists will have the
opportunity to create an interactive installation on view in the REC from May 4 through October 27,
Eligibility: This RFP is open to all artists and artist teams age18 or over who currently reside in the
Greater Cincinnati/Tri-State region.
Application Deadline: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 5 p.m. EST
$3,000 payment ($1500 artist honorarium + $1500 total payment for artist drop-in sessions)
$5,000 includes design, fabrication, engineering, installation.
• This year’s theme is “What inspires you?”
• Applicant(s) must identify a minimum of one and a maximum of five artworks in the
Cincinnati Art Museum’s collection serving as primary inspiration(s) for the proposed
• The proposed artwork/installation must include interactive elements geared towards
children aged 3–12 and withstand touching and continuous hands-on interaction for six
• The proposed artwork/installation must be accessible to all levels of ability and mobility.
• The proposed artwork/installation must encompass a space of approximately 350 square
feet (27 feet long by 13 feet deep or about the length and width of two parallel parking
spaces) with a mural wall space of 27 feet wide by 11 feet tall.
• Artists and artist teams interested in submitting proposals are strongly encouraged to visit
the Rosenthal Education Center to see the space
Submission Instructions: All proposal materials must be in electronic format. You may submit the required material in the following ways: email files directly to email@example.com or send a link to a Google Drive or Dropbox folder. Paper applications will not be accepted.
Applications must be submitted in digital format and received by , Sunday, October 1, 2023, 5
p.m. EST. Submission after this date will not be considered.
Email all submissions and/or link to Google Drive folders to:
Alex Otte Callon, Manager of the Rosenthal Education Center – firstname.lastname@example.org
Email email@example.com or call 513-639-2345 with any questions.
Visit this link for more information.
Paid Opportunity: St Michael School in Sharonville
The St Michael School in Sharonville are looking for a local artist who could potentially assist them with a gift to the school and is able to work with a limited budget. Every year the eighth-grade class gives a gift to the school. One of the suggestions from the students and the principal was to update an area outside the classrooms. The students use this area intermittently throughout the year depending on the weather. It has been painted by a previous class years ago and it is looking for a refresh. For more information, please reach out to Angela Vaske at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes and Workshops
Looking to learn new skills and improve your craft? Here is a list of local community classes and workshops you can attend!
- Sew Valley Education Workshops
- Discover Contemporary Art Museum Programs
- The Professional Practice
- ProjectArt – Free Classes
- Creative Ohio
- The statewide advocacy organization that energizes the arts and creative community to crusade for deeper investment in Ohio’s creative economy from Ohio’s state legislature and administration as well as its U.S. senators and Congressional representatives.
Connect to ArtWorks
Our Latest News