ArtWorks provides a list of artist opportunities for creatives in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. If you would like to add an opportunity to work directly with an artist with the info added below, please fill out this form. If you are interested in partnering with ArtWorks directly on a public art opportunity, we invite you fill out this form to start a conversation.
Please note: ArtWorks may not be affiliated with opportunities listed. If you have questions, please reach out to the organization directly.
For Professional Artists
Artist Opportunities from Other Organizations
Call for Artists: The Red Door Project
The Red Door Project powered by the Art Academy of Cincinnati launches the first show back in OTR since 2019 at MadTree Alcove on August 25th from 5:30-10 pm. To honor MadTree’s commitment to sustainability and our original start in OTR, the theme is Rooted. To participate, you must fill out this form with your information to submit maximum of one piece (Max size 48″ in any one dimension) to the Red Door Project. Drop off your piece on Sunday, Aug 21 from 5:00-7:00pm. **Location to drop off work is on 14th Street at the Alcove Loft entrance. Any medium is accepted. Due to the nature of the space 1 piece of artwork per artist. All artwork subject to review and is at the discretion of the Art Academy. Register here.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Call for Artists: Personal Mural on Residential Garage
Adam Cohen, resident of Hyde Park, is looking to beautify his newly renovated backyard with a mural on his garage door. He is looking for an artist (or team) to design and execute this project. The dimension of the garage is roughly 20x10ft. The ideas are limitless with this project! Let’s make it awesome. You can find photographs of the garage here. This will be a paid opportunity.
Questions? If you are interested in working on this project, then please contact Adam Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be a part of the 10×10 Team!
The Cincinnati Art Museum is looking for youth volunteers to help plan the Teen Art Expo 2022. Each team member must be able to meet on select Thursdays through Spring 2022 (usually once per month). Responsibilities include: selecting artworks, organizing events and creating materials to promote the expo. Please fill out the form here if you would like to apply to be a part of the team.
Questions? Contact Sara Birkofer at email@example.com or 513-639-2971
Classes and Workshops
Looking to learn new skills and improve your craft? Here is a list of local community classes and workshops you can attend!
- Sew Valley Education Workshops
- Discover Contemporary Art Museum Programs
- Creative Table: Gaming, Animation, and Illustration
Organizations across the country are stepping into action for artists. Several have compiled resource lists for emergency relief funds, grants, educational webinars, legal advice and more. See some of our favorites below:
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grants COVID-19 Fund
- ArtWork Archive COVID-19 Resources for Artists
- Ohio Citizens for the Arts Resources, News
- Springboard for the Arts: Artist Resources
- Teaching Artists Guild COVID-19 Resources
- Ohio Arts Council Coronavirus Updates, FAQs, and Resources
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources
- National Endowment for the Arts COVID-19 Resources for Artists and Arts Organizations
- Creative Capital List of Arts Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Common Field COVID-19 Resources for the Artist Organization Field
- Americans for the Arts Covid-19 Resource and Response Center
- BLINK Art Financial Resources
- Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati COVID-19 Help & Info
- Innovate Grant for Artists and Photographers
Connect to ArtWorks
Our Latest News