Work for ArtWorks
ArtWorks is now hiring for a part-time Workforce Development Coordinator. Join a dynamic team as we transform people and places through investments in creativity.
The Workforce Development Coordinator will serve as a core member of the Workforce Development (WFD) team, which provides youth and artists with educational and professional development experiences. The Workforce Development Coordinator will report to the Managing Director of Workforce Development, and will work closely with the Workforce Development Director to ensure that organizational goals are met in the areas of diverse hiring, current program participant and alumni outreach/engagement, cultivating new artist relationships, and executing events.
Job Title: Workforce Development Coordinator
FT/PT Position: Part-time
Location: ArtWorks Administrative Office, 20 E. Central Pkwy, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Reports to: Managing Director of Workforce Development
Start date: End of February 2020
Coordination & Communication
- Support recruitment for all Youth Apprentice and Teaching Artist recruitment, implementing strategies to meet goals for diversity, economic inclusion and place-based
- Develop presentations and present at schools, job fairs, and creative community events, in order to build awareness about specific employment and education opportunities with ArtWorks.
- Assist with planning and facilitating Interview Weekend and other hiring events for Youth Apprentices & Teaching Staff.
- Manage Apprentice & Creative Professional volunteers for all ArtWorks events (including, but not limited to: Fall Fundraiser, Mural Tours, Annual Breakfast, Interview Weekend, etc.)
- Research, compile, and support distribution of creative opportunities to ArtWorks’ network of professional talent and Alumni.
- Support the collection of success stories from youth and creative professional alumni to support Communications Department ‘People First/Artist First’ marketing strategies and storytelling.
Database Management & Data Inputting
ArtWorks is in the process of transferring data and files into Salesforce. This role will both manage and execute this transition.
- Support WFD’s ongoing efforts to convert employee records from paper to digital.
- Support WFD team’s hiring process by inputting data from all seasonal applicants and manage intake of hiring paperwork.
- Maintain a database of contacts, venues, caterers, photographers, etc. needed for Workforce Development events, trainings, workshops, etc.
- Manage seasonal staff hours, including hour verification and payroll submission to Finance Manager
- Communicate with Apprentices on a weekly basis during programming sessions (communications include: weekly recaps & reminders, attendance notifications, etc.)
- Assist Director in program execution (including collecting data from surveys, professional development workshops, etc.)
- Additional duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, characteristics and abilities:
- Passion about developing youth and the creative talent in the region
- Ease in meeting and developing relationships with new people from diverse backgrounds
- Integrity and sensitivity when dealing with confidential information
- Strong customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Adaptable to potential change in course
- Strong written and telephone communications skills
- Detail oriented with an ability to work on several projects simultaneously, balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Available for special events, with occasional weekend/evening work.
Credentials and Experience
- • Bachelor’s degree
• Proficiency in Salesforce preferred
ArtWorks is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Sydney Fine at Sydney@ArtworksCincinnati.org by January 15, 2020.
Since 1996, ArtWorks has been transforming people and places through investments in creativity. The organization is a workforce development and job-training program where art is the vehicle that trains and employs local youth and professional talent to create art and community impact. ArtWorks has hired over 3,500 youth and 3,000 professional artists who have completed over 12,000 public and private art projects.