As part of our Art off the Walls, our fall fundraiser, we’re hosting 2 auctions to raise funds for our mission of creating community-based public art that provides career opportunities for artists of all ages. The first auction is a silent auction via 32auctions which opens on Friday, November 11. The second auction will be held live the night of the fundraiser, Saturday, November 19, hosted by Hindman Auctions. Read more to learn more about your opportunity to snag beautiful art and experiences for a good cause.
About the Silent Auction
ArtWorks is thrilled to share its Art off the Walls: Let’s Get Campy online silent art auction. The auction will include:
- A selection on 32auctions featuring over 100 works of unique art including 3 paintings created by artists live at the event on November 19
- Packaged experiences including Cincy professional sporting events, a selection of single barrel bourbon, a CVG airport experience and Elaine B jewelry
32auctions preview below!
Meet our live painters featured on the online silent auction:
Experience artists John Lanzador, Jim Tucker, and Dai Williams a.k.a. S0FT GH0ST complete three unique live paintings at the fundraiser between 6 and 8 p.m. The works will be created on 3’x4’ premium wooden boards, using each artists’ personal tools, and paint. At 8 p.m. their art will go live on the online silent auction, where the public will have the chance to bid and take home one of their incredible pieces.
John Lanzador is fluent in multiple mediums such as carving, painting, drawing, design, and chalk. John is an educator who collaborated with ArtWorks, BLDG and Visionaries + Voices on community projects with youth apprentices. This live painting is influenced by street art and vintage clip art, as he combines ideas from the past and present. John has been obsessed with creating imagery dealing with perseverance. The idea of continued effort to do or achieve something despite difficulties, failure or opposition is something that artists and people deal with all the time.
Dai Williams/S0FT GH0ST is an illustrator, printer, muralist, and teaching arts from and living in Cincinnati. They use their experience from attending the Art Academy of Cincinnati, collaborations with ArtWorks, and work in the painting and design industry to create art that connects with the world through their alter ego S0FT GH0ST. Their painting will be a cute and campy reflection of the S0FT GH0ST UNIVERSE featuring the Hazmat Gh0st, an ode to a character that has been a part of many Artworks collaborations over the years.
Jim Tucker – During a 15-year journey that brought Jim Tucker from England, through the Republic of Korea, to the Southwest of America, on his way to Cincinnati; Jim has looked to his art to create dialogue and show appreciation for his newfound surroundings. Having discovered the unique opportunities to interact with the environment that public art affords as an artist, Jim strives to create playful, uplifting murals that resonate with their audience as a vehicle to show his gratitude for the people and places where they exist. With his passions for education and public art, Jim became the ArtWorks’ Mural Studio Manager in the summer of 2022, leading the organisation’s first year-round youth-employment program. The program currently employs 10 Junior Muralists and has created over 10 murals in the greater Cincinnati area since June.
Gift package preview:
The holidays are near! Make sure your bourbon selection is top-notch to share with guests
- Two bottles of the one and only New Orleans original Sazerac Rye (Single Barrel Select) – Sazerac Rye Whiskey symbolizes the tradition and history of New Orleans, with the fragrance of clove and sweet vanilla, the taste of crisp citrus, and a smooth big finish with hints of licorice.
- Two bottles of Wilderness Trail Single Barrel Bourbon – Wilderness Trail’s rye bourbon, gold label mashbill is 64% corn, 24% rye and 12% malted barley. The 8-year is the mark where we feel the fruit, candy and nut flavors come through.
Cincy Sports Package
All your Cincinnati sports experiences are covered for the year with ArtWorks’ Cincy Sports Package
- Feel the electric energy in The Jungle as the Cincinnati Bengals take on division rivals, Baltimore Ravens in the final regular season game
- Watch FC Cincinnati at TQL Stadium (awarded Best Venue of 2022)
- Enjoy field box tickets to the Cincinnati Reds with a private tour of Great American Ball Park and autographed Joey Votto baseball
- Experience the Cincinnati Cyclones going head-to-head with the Fort Wayne Komets at Heritage Bank Center
- Complimentary month at Shred415, a fitness studio that provides effective workouts to meet the demanding needs of your lifestyle
CVG Airport Experience
Fly with comfort, ease, and luxury with this unique CVG Airport experience
- One week of complimentary parking in the CVG Terminal Garage
- Two 1-day passes for the Escape (MAG) Lounge or Club at CVG
- CVG merch including socks, power bank, umbrella, and leather-bound notepad
- Gift certificates to CVG located Starbucks, Graeter’s, and Cork ‘n Bottle
- One-of-a-kind framed screen print of James Billiter’s iconic CVG Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky skyline mural
Explore ArtWorks murals, All Along the Control Tower, designed by Christian Dallas, and Take to the Water, designed by Adrienne Gaither, in the building extension, located on the third floor, while flying in style!
Elaine B Jewelry: Rise Collection Linked Necklaces
- Take home two Elaine B Jewelry sterling silver and vermeil Linked Necklaces from their signature Rise Collection – Lightly hammered hand-formed circles link magically to form organic hoops that move with carefree weightlessness. Like a Venn Diagram, common elements are represented in the space between.
Enjoy one for yourself and share another with a loved one this holiday as a symbol of love and gratitude. The Rise Collection was born in June of 2022, and since then EBJ has donated $20,318 to nine different organizations. We are proud and grateful to be one of the organizations included in the Rise Collection. 100% of the net proceeds from the sale of these necklaces on the EBJ website are donated to ArtWorks.
About the Live Auction
One-of-a-Kind Wearable Art (2 available)
A fashionable collector’s garment by Stacey Vest, inspired by ArtWorks monumental murals
Gee Horton Limited-Edition Framed Print
The Sweetest Thing, 32’’ x 26’ framed print by Artist and ArtWorks Board Member, Gee Horton. Printed on premium, fine art paper using archival inks that will never fade, hand signed, numbered, and titled by Gee with a Stamped certificate of authenticity included.
The Sweetest Thing renders childhood innocence for a little girl who is simply drawn to beauty. The beauty of sunflowers. The way they open to the sun. The way they follow the sun. And the beauty of her hair. Her hair is an extension of her entire being. It is beautiful. Her beauty touches everything, but she’s unaware of it because of her innocence. Her hair and sunflowers feel like magic. They make her feel a sense of wonder, delight, and happiness. This piece is conceptualized to celebrate and affirm the innate innocence and vulnerability of Black girls.
Through the lens of social work, Gee’s multidisciplinary art is a navigation of societal influences and psychosocial development as seen through his photography, large-scale installations, and a short film that fascinates the eye while provoking contemplation.
Cincy Art and Culinary Experience
Enjoy the vibrant, beautiful, world-class art and culinary scene of Cincinnati, featuring the region’s most beloved, creative organizations
- Dinner for two at Metropole, one night hotel stay in a 21c Suite, and two 50 minute spa treatments at the 21c Museum Hotels Cincinnati
- One night stay at The Swing House, a 1880 Cincinnati Italianate house in Camp Washington converted into a single room where the history of the past tenants is revealed on the interior walls. Designed by Dutch-born, Cincinnati- based artist Mark de Jong, the 30-foot swing is the means for contemplating this history while connecting to your life story
- A private tour of the CAC’s exhibitions and Creativity Center for up to 10 participants and CAC’s publication Cuisine Art Cocktails (up to one per guest)
- Four tickets to the Cincinnati Ballet’s February performance of Alice (in wonderland). The recipient would be able to select from any of the nine performances spread out over a two-weekend period
- A bottle of the 2019 Ferrari Bros Rosé
- A private mural tour for up to 10, led by ArtWorks CEO and Artistic Director, Colleen Houston
Private Dinner Party for 10 hosted by Board President Lauren Shafer and artist Pam Kravetz
Enjoy a private dinner party for 10 at the private Indian Hill residence of Lauren Shafer, with honorary guest artist Pam Kravetz and chefs Dominique Khoury of Looqma and Caitlin Young of Dear Restaurant & Butchery.
- Pam is over the moon and absolutely delighted to create 10 wildly wonderful and totally unique ceramic place settings for this extraordinary dining experience. Each piece is handmade and designed by Pam, a mural makin’, street paintin’ quilt sewin’, yarnbombin’, curatin’, flashmobbin’, tutu wearin’ rootin’ tootin’ art monster. She is a regionally and nationally recognized visual artist with more than 50 art exhibits & installations. And guess what? You will be able to take your place setting home with you!
- Dinner designed by Chef Caitlin the Pastry Chef and Chef de Cuisine of Dear Restaurant and Butchery, and Bravo Top Chef contender, and Chef Dominique Khoury, a Michelin star trained Chef who has been featured on the Today Show and America’s Test Kitchen and is the creator Looqma, and Lebanese-American pop-up. Together they will design a farm-to-table menu inspired by the Ohio River Valley’s bounty, featuring local farms, purveyors, and artisans with an artistic flare for natural beauty.
Savor this special art inspired culinary experience with live music, beverage pairings, and an ambiance like no other, surrounded by the woods and your closest friends.
About the auctioneer, Danielle G. Linn:
Ms. Linn has over 10 years of experience in the art and auction world, starting her career with the Lilly Library at Indiana University and the Cincinnati Art Museum, she is now a senior member of the Hindman Auctions’ Auctioneer team and a Specialist in the Books & Manuscripts, American Historical Ephemera, and Photography department. After Living in Japan for 7 years, Linn was excited to return home to a thriving Cincinnati arts environment. You may recognize her face from Jeopardy 2021, supporting a local charitable function, or touring the Artworks murals with her husband and daughter. Outside of her professional life, she is an avid supporter of Cincinnati’s art and civic community, including the Cincinnati Art Museum, Kennedy Heights Art Center, and Artworks. She is a member of the Caxton Club and the Bibliographical Society of America. She is honored to support Artworks and the development of Cincinnati’s future art community
ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that transforms people and places through investments in creativity. The organization collaborates with community organizations and residents, businesses, governments, foundations and nonprofits to build creative works of art that bolster the region’s global reputation as an arts destination. ArtWorks employs professional artists who inspire and mentor diverse teams of youth, ages 14-21, helping them build 21st century career-readiness skills. These teams have completed more than 14,000 public and private art projects in its 26 years, including more than 200 permanent outdoor murals.