ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that transforms people and places through investments in creativity. The organization collaborates with community organizations and residents, businesses, governments, foundations and nonprofits to build creative works of art that bolster the region’s global reputation as an arts destination. ArtWorks employs professional artists who inspire and mentor diverse teams of youth, ages 14-21, helping them build 21st century career-readiness skills. These teams have completed more than 14,000 public and private art projects in its 25 years, including more than 200 permanent outdoor murals.
ArtWorks, an equal opportunity employer, is strongly committed to building and retaining a diverse team that creates an inclusive workplace, which harnesses each voice to collectively advance ArtWorks’ mission.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Compensation : Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive employee benefits package includes health insurance including vision and dental, generous paid time off, 401k plan, hybrid work model and investment in career development.
Salary range: $35,000 – $45,000
Location: ArtWorks Administrative Office, 2460 Gilbert Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45206
Reports to: CEO and Artistic Director
Start date: ASAP
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a diversity of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Coordinate and maintain CEO’s calendar
- Prepare CEO for meetings as needed; may include research, assembling and analyzing data, preparing reports, presentations, and documents
- Represent CEO in office tours and presentations as necessary
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents
- Correspond to and prioritize key inquiries for organizational external outreach
- Serve as key liaison for the Board of Directors and committees
- Arrange and schedule Board, committee and staff meetings
- Record, transcribe, and distribute minutes and other documents for board, committee and other meetings
- Manage Board files and directory
- Support finance as needed for accounts payables, checks and vendor contracts
- Manage special projects as given by CEO
- Welcome and extend hospitality to incoming visitors and clientele
- Manage shared office calendar, maintain office equipment and supplies
- Manage the upkeep and appearance of office
- Support departmental and organization-wide special events and programs
- Onboard new staff members
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and experiences:
- Commitment to ArtWorks’ mission, values, culture and diversity
- Demonstrated track record of managing projects
- 3 years of experience in administrative support functions or 2 years as an executive assistant
- Nonprofit/arts experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Driver’s license and personal transportation
Skills and abilities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and deadlines
- A self-starter with ability to manage time and multiple projects well
- Strong people skills and the ability to build relationships
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Expertise in addressing people that ensures cultural understanding with a calm, welcoming and clear approach
- Adhere to ethical behavior and business practices
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Anticipate challenges and troubleshoot and present solutions as issues arise
- Comfortable working with Board of Directors, volunteers, and youth
- Available for special events, with occasional weekend/evening work as needed
- Able to work collaboratively with and in support of ArtWorks staff
- Embraces change and a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- Ability to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social platforms and information management systems
- Be part of an amazing mission and make a mark in transforming the Greater Cincinnati region with public art, building community, and investing in young artists
- Help build a future home for ArtWorks with a site for permanent art studios, gallery, and event space to build a more vibrant community
- Be part of a dynamic team that embraces a growth mindset and creates opportunities to change the word through art
- Be part of a collaborative, creative and flexible work culture that is people centered.
- Join a team that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in community-centered work that creates positive change. Read our full commitment here.
- To Apply: Click Here with cover letter, resume and references