ArtWorks, an equal opportunity employer, is strongly committed to building and retaining a diverse team that creates an inclusive workplace which harnesses each voice to collectively advance ArtWorks’ mission.
Job Title: Artist Impact Recruiting and Hiring Coordinator
The Artist Impact Recruiting and Hiring Coordinator will serve as a core member of the Impact Team and will support the team by recruiting and engaging candidates for ArtWorks’ Seasonal Youth Apprenticeship and Year-Round Junior Artist Employment programs. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about talent acquisition and providing youth and artists with economic and career opportunities. This role will support the pre-employment process from recruiting, to scheduling and conducting interviews, to drafting offer letters, and to supporting new hires completing their essential paperwork. Additionally, the Artist Impact Recruiting and Hiring Coordinator will support active employment through payroll process, coordinating elements of ArtWorks safety program, and tracking demographic date for reporting.
Location: ArtWorks Administrative Office, 2460 Gilbert Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45206
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Employee benefits package includes 401K, prorated paid time off, paid holidays based on work schedule, career development and a hybrid work model.
Salary Range: $18.00 – $19.00 per hour based on experience
Job Type: Part-Time, 20 hours per week, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Artist Impact
Start date: Early September
Recruitment & Hiring
- Support recruitment planning, outreach, and engagement to attract and provide access to youth and teaching artists, implementing strategies to meet goals for diversity, economic inclusion and place-based hiring
- Collaborate with the Communications & Marketing team to develop recruitment collateral and distribution plans
- Develop presentations and present at schools, job fairs, and creative community events to build awareness about specific employment and education opportunities with ArtWorks
- Assist with planning and facilitating interviews, managing the interview workflow for youth & teaching artist candidates.
- Coordinate and report on new applications as they come in
- Draft seasonal employee offer letters and compile with other critical employment documents
- Track and collect new hire paperwork, including demographic information and work permits
Database Management & Data Inputting
- Support the organization’s seasonal and year-round hiring process of creatives by tracking recruitment efforts, interviews, and offer letter acceptances and declinations, etc.
- Maintain a database of contacts needed for recruitment outreach and related events
- Maintain a database of employee records and support reporting throughout the year
- Support implementation and maintenance of Artist Database in Salesforce
- Manage pay roll of Youth Apprentices, Teaching Artists, and Year-Round Junior Artists, including hours verification and payroll submission to Finance Manager.
- Support ArtWorks safety program by assembling safety materials, managing inventory, and facilitating trainings
- Support orientations with seasonal staff and present on payroll process and safety program
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED, or higher degree
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce
- Experience with welcoming people of diverse backgrounds
- Available for special events, with occasional weekend/evening work
Skills and abilities:
- Passion for developing youth and creative talent
- Integrity and sensitivity when dealing with confidential information
- Detail oriented with an ability to work on several projects simultaneously, balance priorities, and meet deadlines
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Adaptably to potential change in course
- Adhere to the utmost ethical standards, intuitive
- A team-player, hard-working and an independent achiever with a “can do” attitude, must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Inquisitive and imaginative
- Flexible, optimistic, constructive with a good sense of humor
- Be part of an amazing mission and make a mark in transforming the Greater Cincinnati region with public art, building community, and investing in young artists
- Help build a future home for ArtWorks with a site for permanent art studios, gallery, and event space to build a more vibrant community
- Be part of a dynamic team that embraces a growth mindset
- Be part of a collaborative, creative and flexible work culture that is people centered.
- Join a team that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in community-centered work that creates positive change. Read our full commitment here.
Click here Please submit a cover letter, resume and references.
ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that transforms people and places through investments in creativity. The organization collaborates with community organizations and residents, businesses, governments, foundations and nonprofits to build creative works of art that bolster the region’s global reputation as an arts destination. ArtWorks employs professional artists who inspire and mentor diverse teams of youth, ages 14-21, helping them build 21st century career-readiness skills. These teams have completed more than 14,000 public and private art projects in its 26 years, including more than 200 permanent outdoor murals.